"What can a ruined soul, like mine, effect towards the redemption of other souls?—or a polluted soul, towards their purification?"

This blog has been moved to www.fallenpastor.com.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Calling All Fallen Pastors

Fallen ministers, I need your help.

I've been blessed with a great opportunity to write a book. The book is about how it is difficult for fallen pastors and churches to reconcile because churches tend to place their pastors on a pedestal.

In the book, I'm going to include real stories from fallen pastors. I can keep them anonymous if need be, but I need to interview as many fallen pastors as I can.

If you're willing to share your story with me, or know someone who might be interested, please leave a comment below or Twitter message me.

Thanks to all, Arthur.

4 comments:

  1. Arthur,

    I discovered your blog a few days ago and have since read all your old posts. I wanted to thank you for the honest and humble way you have revealed your story. Since my divorce I have married the love of my life and enrolled in a Baptist seminary. I feel a calling from God to write and teach but often find myself feeling broken because of my past divorce. Reading your blog is a reminder that God uses whom He desires even in the aftermath of sin and failure.

    Would it be fair to suggest that you would be a better pastor now than you were before your fall?

    Again thanks for your blog. Your posts are thought provoking and practical. Your story has blessed me.

    Clark

    ReplyDelete
  2. Clark,

    Thank you for reading and for sharing your story. It's amazing how God pours out His grace on us even though we are undeserving of it.

    I'd answer your question this way - I really have no desire to pastor again. But I do wish I knew then what I've learned now - humility. Back then, I used to judge harshly. If I had been the kind of man then that I am now, I would have been a better pastor.

    But then again, I suppose I'm right where I'm supposed to be right now.

    Thanks again,
    Arthur

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog inspired me to reach out to an old friend who had a "fall" of is own. Thanks for the kick in the butt ... I should have done that a long time ago.

    Clark

    ReplyDelete
  4. Clark,

    That's awesome. I hope it went well. I love to hear stories like that. It makes all of this worthwhile for me.

    Arthur

    ReplyDelete